Sunday, October 25, 2015


Cairo

Cairo airport is comparatively larger than that of Athens, both in size and in disorderliness. The main attraction of this ancient country, obviously, is PYRAMID. We visited a site where stood a few of them, and a Sphinx statue. Simply majestic! The feeling I had at the site of Naos Poseidous was awesome, while at the foot of Pyramid I was speechless! Tremendous amount of archeological research work had been carried out on this huge man made(or is it!?) object. Do I need to add more? Surely Discovery channel and National Geography and the likes have provided in great detail. But how far we have understood about Pyramid? With great respect I looked up at the largest one and my mind was filled with many unanswered questions. I couldn’t help but marveled, like many others did, at the ingenuity of its builder. Four thousand over years ago, at this primitive location, what amount of labor and financial cost were utilized to construct it? How many years of hard labor and human lives were required? An archeologist made a simple estimation: assuming the time of construction was 4700 years ago, 20 years nonstop of 100,000 tough laborers! Putting aside confronting the problems involved, the work efficiency required, planning and the tremendous financial cost involved, how did the Egyptians transport the huge stones from source/production? What device/s were used to move these heavy stones so high up? We did not observe any “seam” between the rocks! A scientific researcher of Pyramid has exclaimed that even the present day technology would need to sort out astronomical amount of data and mathematics before even seriously begin this construction task. Adding to this mystery is a recent shocking remark of a geologist: he predicted the construction time to be 10,000 years ago!?
Egyptian civilization, and those at other parts of the world, are still far from our comprehension. Earlier on, I attended a number of so called experts lectures/forums on Pyramid. After listening to them, I realized that the information from all the talks were about the same. They were more a less duplicates of one another. What man have found out from their digging and putting together the bits and pieces only reveal a tiny little portion of the past. Not to mention those that were damaged and lost forever in man’s own hands – wars of invasion. It is man himself who destroys the documentary records and even the language of the conquered. The conqueror always claimed cultural superiority, and implemented forced assimilation, and the conquered was not allowed to continue their cultural practices. Many of the ancient languages were "terminated" in this manner. The inscription of the pyramid is one such example. Much of the ancient Egyptian records remained out of our comprehension until today. 
Someone said” When Napoleon Bonaparte and his troop arrived at the site of a pyramid and looked up at it, he then came to understand how trivial he was!” I better stop writing at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment