Tuesday, March 1, 2011

give yourself a parole


He is a friend I admire. Most of all, he changes himself from trash to gem! He has great intelligence I rarely observe in others, but it also misguided him and ended him in jail!
While accepting full responsibility for his wrong deed, he repented and spent his time studying seriously in jail. He obtained an MBA through a corresponding course, from a prestigious university of England. After serving his term, he got a low level job but really gave himself in for the job, and worked himself up the rank. Now he is the Regional Head of a large commercial company.
In that meet up lunch, he expressed his deep regret for the mistake. In his sad voice, l seemed to have heard the cling-clang sound of the prison gates!
My friend was in prison yet was free from the day he admitted his fault and constructively live his life, in prison!
Many people are not in jail, yet are imprisoned.
Another friend, a medical doctor, almost on every occasion, grumbles about the boredom of a medical professional life. Indeed, he always looks out of the glass window in his clinic and yearns for the colorful life of his medical school class mate who has taken off white medical gown and puts on the coat of the politician. No wonder there are complaints of wrong prescription by his patients. He always looks depressed, and lifeless. Every day for 8 to 10 hours, he places himself into a prison- his own clinic. Life is miserable for him.
He is a professional that earns respect and admire by many. But he does not seem to have joy in his life! What is missing in him that causes the discontentment?

I like Jason, a ticket collector of a movie theater. Jason always wears a very natural smile, meeting warmly the people who hand him their tickets at the entrance. His joyful, humble and simple outlook, coupled with his enthusiasm for his job attracted many people. His radiant outlook on life has indeed earned him friends who help him in many ways. Jason never allows himself to be imprisoned by his environment. He is a happy man.
A simple personality with no glamor attached, yet contented and adopting a thanksgiving life style. The peace he possesses, exudes radiance to people around him.


Try looking at people around you. Do you see the prison bars in their eyes? Help them to release themselves, friends. Only oneself is capable of giving parole to himself/herself.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

2 comments:

  1. Indeed a job you enjoy is a blessing. I'm blessed that 1/3 my job as a lecturer is to teach, something which I enjoy greatly. Admin work and research, I also do, but teaching is the best part of the job.

    ReplyDelete